When: 28th – 29th August, 2017 9.00am – 4.00pm both days – Registration from 8.30am
Where: Wodonga Senior Secondary College, 80 Brockley Street, Wodonga VIC 3690
Price: Free to attend. Lunch, coffee & classroom resources included.
Contact: [email protected]
Who is running this?
The Australian Computing Academy (ACA) is a Commonwealth funded project developing resources that will be freely available to students and teachers across Australia to learn about programming and related concepts in Digital Technologies.
Who Should Attend?
- Primary and secondary teachers looking to improve their understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Teachers and technology leaders seeking resources to support the implementation of the curriculum
What will the workshop include?
- Case studies showcasing existing practice, and school-wide scope & sequence, incorporating ACA resources
- Hands on experiences with free, classroom-ready resources that target the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Introduction to various programming tools available, including visual and text-based programming, and object-oriented approaches.
- Deep dive into Blockly and Python programming, covering coding aspects of years 5-6 and 7-8 curriculum, focusing on defining and decomposing real-world problems, designing algorithms and implementing programs.