This workshop will work on decoding the new curriculum for the average teacher. The day will focus on discovering where digital technologies complements existing curriculum, identify what new curriculum is required and share resources for new implementation. The objective is to work towards a shared curriculum map for Digital Technologies that will allow the Federation to continue to provide PD and apply for grants such as the DLSG.
• Create Digital Technology Leaders in all Federation Schools
• Develop an understanding of new Digital Technologies terminology
• Identify areas that align with existing school curriculum
• Develop a shared Federation curriculum map for new areas
• Share Digital Technologies resources and ideas.
Thursday 17th November (Week 7) – 9am to 3.00pm
- Brendan Freeman – Digital Coding Specialist Baranduda Primary School
- Scott Nugent – eLearning Coordinator Wodonga Senior Secondary College
Wodonga Senior Secondary College – Morning Tea and Lunch Provided
Who Should Attend
The workshop will provide Professional Development in the Digital Technologies Curriculum for up to
3 staff from each Federation school. The PD is suitable for classroom teachers, education leaders and school principals.
The workshop is aimed at staff from all disciplines, participants do not require any previous knowledge. The aim of this workshop and the DLSG is to implement the Digital Technologies curriculum across all learning areas. The Digital Technologies Curriculum has strong connections to Technology, Math, Science, English, Geography and the Arts. We are hoping that staff with a range of expertise will attend to develop a wide range of curriculum resources.
Email staff names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th November.